Saturday, February 21, 2009

Some words of the people of Gaza on the situation in Palestine and the hopes of the people

Palestine


In her soil I wish to bury myself
so I could feel the energy
of the souls whose blood
was shed while fighting for
my freedom and justice

I want to walk her lands that were demolished
and as I feel the wind passing by
all I hear are the sounds of cries and screams
of those who were massacred
but you still feel their sense of pride and hope

Al Quds

The heart of Palestine
I wish to take small steps
in this holy land
so as each step I would take
I would feel the presence of
hope and peace

Jenin

A refugee camp
where many innocent men, women and children
were burned and some buried alive underneath
their own homes
where many stood proud
and fought the tanks and missiles
until the very end

Nablus

An occupied city
where everyday a curfew is set
occupation has risen
yet the only thing that stood high
was the Palestinian flag and the
spirit of the people

Biet Jala

As its neighboring cities sit and watch
Israeli soldiers, without hesitation
Shooting randomly at anyone and anything that
stood in their way
where our Fourth of July
has become their early death

Gaza

Where children still continue to smile and laugh
Even under times of casualty,
And even though they live under fear and hate
it is freedom and justice they wish to see

1 comment:

  1. Thank for this post
    Ihope the freedom to the palastien

    ReplyDelete